Your Questions Answered – The Nautilus Travel Guide for a Rest Assured Holiday
We’ve all got questions around what safety measures the hospitality industry have taken in light of the pandemic and we thought we’d share a snippet of what The Nautilus have put together to ensure each guests safety. Meanwhile we’re sharing some answers to questions on how the resort are working together to navigate a worthwhile holiday safely, so that ultimately you worry less and enjoy far more than you would imagine. Don’t forget to check out The Nautilus Sybarite offer.
Part of the beauty and magic of The Nautilus Maldives is the Island’s unparalleled location; set on its very own unspoiled and pristine white-sand Island and adorned with verdant endemic flora in the UNESCO Biosphere of the Baa Atoll. Boasting exclusivity and absolute privacy, the location of The Nautilus allows guests a greater sense of space and freedom – there are no crowded places in this staggeringly beautiful slice of paradise. The private location also means that there is strict control of the entry of personnel into the Island which is not accessible to just anyone, and because of capacity, is kept low, which helps to lessen overall risk.
While international flights land at Male’s main airport the Velena International Airport, the time spent with other travellers in the building itself, is limited. All guests are welcomed with a special CIP service at the airport, ensuring a seamless and safe immigration process. This means no queues as your dedicated CIP lounge personnel will take care of things for you.
The Nautilus has provided some pre-arrival advice and implemented precautions at each stage of the journey such as:
- For the safety of everyone, the Health Protection Agency of the Maldives has made it mandatory for all inbound travellers to present a negative PCR test certificate on arrival. The test result should not be older than 72 hours. This does not apply to children below the age of 1 year.
- The reservations team will ask you to share a copy of your passport to reduce touch points during the hotel registration process.
- Electronic Health Declaration: all travellers to Maldives are required to submit a health declaration within 24 hours prior to their arrival to the Maldives.
- As you relax in the utmost comfort of the CIP lounge, the CIP personnel will collect your luggage and the team will sanitise and place your luggage in a disposable protective cover as a standard practice. Your luggage will then be checked in to the seaplane for the next leg of your journey.
- As a guest of The Nautilus, you will have the option of booking their dedicated and private seaplane transfer to the island. The benefits of this option are twofold: it reduces the waiting time at the airport and it ensures that you’re not sharing a transfer with travellers to other resorts.
- All Houses and Residences are fully disinfected by the housekeeping team and any special requests you may have can be relayed to your dedicated house Master, who will ensure that all your needs are met and addressed.
- The pool will be fully disinfected and tested 48 hours before you arrive at your House or Residence. Regular pool testing will be done along with the housekeeping service.
- Each House or Residence will have a dedicated staff member to service the accommodation during the day. This service is provided twice daily (including the turndown service) by the same person to ensure limited contact between guests and the staff, and of course this service can be adjusted to your preferences.
- All activities and excursions can be booked exclusively, ensuring absolute privacy and comfort. The Spa and Gym for example undergo strict health and safety measures daily.
- All staff wear masks and gloves for the duration of service and undergo daily temperature monitoring and contact tracing.
- If any guests exhibits any flu-like symptoms, coughing or sneezing or difficulty in breathing, a resident pandemic will be notified to attend to the guest in the privacy of their House or Residence. The pandemic will attend the guest with precautions and safety measures in place and undertake the necessary medical evaluation of the guest whilst also checking on their travel history.
We hope this snippet of a guide provides with you some knowledge on the steps taken and should you be interested in booking The Nautilus for your upcoming getaway why not check out this special Sybarite offer or simply enquire or write to us at [email protected] and we’ll be delighted to answer any questions you might have.