Six of the Best Last Minute Christmas Cricket Gifts
Are you stumped on what to buy your cricket mad friends and family this Christmas? Lord’s Cricket Ground has a fantastic selection of gifts, from stocking-fillers to unforgettable experiences at the Home of Cricket, which are perfect for celebrating the amazing summer of cricket. We’ve uncovered six of the best!
- For the cricket loving foodie, a visit to Lord’s Dining Club is a must. Guests will experience an exclusive four-course menu designed by some of world’s greatest chefs along with paired wines, all enjoyed in the iconic Long Room in the Grade II*-listed Pavilion. Chefs confirmed for next year’s events include Tom Aikens, founder of Tom’s Kitchen, Charlotte Nicholson, of Tredwells fame, and Mark Birchall, Chef Patron of Moor Hall.
- For those cricket mad kids who fancy themselves as the next Eoin Morgan, a course at the MCC Cricket Academy offers a day’s expert coaching and a chance to experience the latest technology in the performance analysis suite. Children’s courses run throughout the school holidays.
- Cricket fans who have dreamt of following in the footsteps of cricket heroes can turn their dreams into reality through the Players’ Dining Room, Beyond the Boundary and Hat-trick experience tours, hosted by various cricketing legends. These exclusive behind the scenes experiences of Lord’s include the chance to walk out onto the hallowed turf.
4. The Lord’s shop is full of gifts perfect for filling stockings – the Lord’s glass paperweight contains an actual piece of the turf from the Home of Cricket.
- Also in the Lord’s shop, England’s incredible Cricket World Cup win this summer can be relived through the eyes of its hero Ben Stokes with a signed copy of his book On Fire.
- For the more extravagant gift, you can take home an iconic artefact from the Home of Cricket with a replica of the famous Fathertime weathervane.