Mortimer House Workspace – Meet, Greet, Workout, Dine-in
‘Mens sana in corpore sano’ is a Latin phrase usually translated as ‘a healthy mind in a healthy body’. Your working environment has a massive impact on your day-to-day wellbeing, from the feng-shui of your workspace to keeping your brain engaged, Mortimer House has it all.
An unhealthy workplace will likely have a negative effect on productivity, fulfilment and overall morale, so as an employer (no matter how large or small your team) it is vital to create a healthy and happy environment. Introducing Maslow’s Mortimer House, housed in a majestic six-floor Art Deco building in the heart of London’s Fitzrovia, Mortimer House provides a new experience for those who wish to create, work and unwind in equal measure.
To satisfy the needs of both the head and the heart, the intuitively designed team offices, meeting rooms, event spaces, living room, terrace, studio and gym provide everything you need under one roof. The surroundings effortlessly combine mid-century design touches with the classicism of the original building, guaranteed to provide an intimate and tailored membership experience. Mortimer House is also home to ground floor restaurant Mortimer House Kitchen, which is open to the public and serves exceptional Mediterranean cuisine.
A day in the life at Mortimer House promises positivity and productivity from start to finish. If you’re anything like me, the thought of an early morning workout is quite possibly the thing of nightmares, but at Mortimer House you can choose how to start or finish your day, whether that be with Yoga class or on treadmill. As a member, you will have exclusive access to a highly curated revolving programme of classes, including Yoga, Barre, Reformer Pilates and TRX. The Meditation Room provides a breathing space for quiet contemplation, where members can take pause from the sometimes-overwhelming noise of metropolitan life.
Here you’ll find a setting full of character, unpretentious, sophisticated and decorated with relaxed homely touches. Benefiting from ample natural light and hospitality. The meeting rooms are the perfect venue to host clients or catch up with the team. The distinctive meeting rooms incorporate all your functional needs – from HD screens and teleconferencing to videoconferencing facilities. Each of these individual meeting rooms benefit from the option to have bespoke menus delivered at any time of day, reflecting the premium hospitality and service maintained throughout.
- The Kitchen Table (1st Floor): A unique proposition for those informal meetings that require a dedicated on-hand chef.
- The Boardrooms (2nd & 4th Floor): Designed as unassuming spaces for key strategic business meetings.
- The Drawing Room (3rd Floor): A classic lounge-inspired setting for informal and relaxed gatherings.
- The Conservatory (Mortimer House Kitchen) Bringing the spirit of the Mediterranean countryside to the city. This fresh breathing space in the heart of London is the garden-inspired greenhouse that forms part of the ground floor restaurant. The Conservatory is available for exclusive private dining and group bookings, and is perfect for memorable celebratory events.
- The Gallery & Loft: A penthouse-style event space with natural light flooding in from large Crittall windows. Host to a programme of thought-provoking events, ideal for members wishing to explore the holistic philosophy key to the vision of Mortimer House. It is also fully available for hire to non-members. The Gallery is a flexible event space that can be hired independently of the Loft, but there is also an option to combine the two for exclusive use of the entire top floor. Secure this venue for anything ranging from a birthday party, product launch or large presentation, to a private screening for close friends and family. This distinctive space features a balcony with stunning views of the London skyline.
Mortimer House Kitchen: Situated on the ground floor, Mortimer House Kitchen welcomes both members and the public to enjoy a diverse Mediterranean menu with hints of Middle Eastern flavour. Breathe in the smells and sights of a bustling kitchen. The 90-seat restaurant features an open kitchen and chef’s counter where guests can observe the inner workings of the kitchen. The same approach to quality and seasonality can be expected throughout the house during day and into the evening with familiar dishes given an unusual twist.