The Train on the Bridge
A tourism and hospitality product developed by Thebe Tourism Group, which has luxury accommodation housed inside a restored and reimagined stationary train on the disused Selati railway bridge over the Sabie River at Skukuza, Kruger National Park.
Offering 31 rooms, consisting of 24 carriage rooms and 7 Bridge House rooms, all of which will provide a deeply visceral experience, tailored for immersive comfort. Whether you’re looking for a one-of-a-kind adventure, an enthralling break or to simply immerse yourself in earth’s finest creations, we look forward to welcoming you on a journey of discovery with nature in the most extraordinary way imaginable.
All rooms offer guests a luxury experience, accompanied by fine dining and other leisure experiences onsite, such as daily game drives. It is the first of its kind in the world, and it pays homage to the guests who explored the park nearly 100 years ago, using the very same railway. The name has its origins in the history of Chief Warrior Shalati, who lived near this river in the region of Skukuza and ruled over the Tebula tribe. Thought-provoking, unique design is core to the offering, but the holistic experience is centred around Kruger Shalati’s humanness, cultural nuances, the people involved in the making of every element, and ultimately the kindness with which we receive our guests.
To know more about this experience and other booking queries please get in touch by emailing your questions to [email protected] and we will get back to you in no time.
- 31 rooms complimented by bespoke experiences.
- Fine dining and other leisure experiences onsite such as daily game drives.
- Unique overhanging pool with a viewing deck on the bridge.
- First-of-its-kind luxury accommodation in a re-envisioned train stationed on the historically-rich Selati Bridge above the Sabie River in the Kruger National Park.
- On-site restaurant offering Afircan-inspired fare.
- Available for private hire.
Share on Social