Private Villa on Italy’s most Sought-After Lake Offering Glorious Views Bookable Now
Overlooking Lake Como and occupying the site of a former medieval watchtower, this spectacular villa commands one of the finest views in Europe. The liberty style villa, built in 1909, has been fully restored to exceptional standards, offering 1,231 sqm of living space. This includes: 8 double bedrooms (6 ensuite), drawing room, living room, dining room, kitchen, study, media room, bar, 2 roof terraces, yoga/wellness room, pool house and entertainment area.
At 881 metres above the lake and with no immediate neighbours, the villa is an oasis of calm. Yet the pretty perched mountain village of Pigra is only 300 metres away and the popular lakeside village of Argegno can be reached within 4 minutes from the cable car station located 500 metres from the villa gates.
Pigra has a couple of restaurants and is a perfect base for hiking and mountain biking whilst Argegno provides a wide range of restaurants. The villa’s own private boat mooring and a scheduled river taxi service is the ideal way to explore all that Lake Como has to offer.
The views from the south facing villa are truly stunning – a combination of wide blue lake and green mountain vistas, rounded off with glorious golden sunsets. These can be enjoyed from the balconies of every bedroom. Also making the most of this aspect are an exceptional yoga/wellness room that has been carved out of the cliff face and the roof top terraces, bar and entertainment area.
The villa sits in lush gardens of 4.5 acres offering the peace and tranquillity that is so difficult to find on this particular part of the lake. In terms of proximity, the villa is located just 75 minutes drive from Milan Malpensa International Airport and 60 minutes from Lugano International Airport.
The villa comfortably sleeps 14 people although additional children’s beds are also available. All the bedroom suites are designed in a contemporary and stylish manner in keeping with the villa’s elegant features. An elevator links the 3 main floors and the caretakers apartment and laundry in the basement.
1st Floor (3 double bedrooms)
This Tuscany Suite faces the lake and is joined to the East facing Veneto Suite by a large shared bathroom. Both suites have balconies enjoying lake views.
The West facing Liguria Suite also has a balcony to enjoy the mountain views and the sunsets. The large bathroom is a lovely space to unwind before dinner.
2nd Floor (4 double bedrooms)
This floor mirrors exactly the layout of the first floor, including the balconies and terraces. The large Piedmont Suite enjoys a southern aspect over the lake. The Umbria Suite also looks south and shares a large bathroom with the Abruzzo Suite which looks East. The Apulia Suite enjoys the mountain views to the north.
This extraordinary open space provides a number of different entertainment areas. There are 2 large seating areas for enjoying the various entertainment possibilities (TV, projector, music system and board games). Additionally, there is a pool table, kitchenette and w.c, two roof terraces providing glorious views over the lake are accessed from this floor. One of these also features an attractive island bar and raised viewing platform. The perfect place for enjoying a day’s end sundowner. There is a final double bedroom, the Liberty Suite, with en-suite at the tallest point of the house. Accessed from the 3rd floor, the Liberty Suite enjoys wonderful light and stunning views from huge double windows on two sides.
Facilities & Services
There is an attractive dining room within the villa and alfresco dining under a pergola on the huge terrace overlooking the lake. A short walk from the villa one finds the 22 meters long heated infinity pool with Jacuzzi attached, providing picture perfect 360 degrees views over the lake. There is also a well-appointed pool house which, with all the full-length windows folded away, seems to float over the pool. It has a kitchen, island bar and comfortable seating area.
As well as numerous sunbathing spots around the pool and on the pool house “green” roof, there are 2 additional alfresco dining locations, taking advantage of the proximity of the pool house kitchen. There is also a changing room and toilet carved into the rock-face.
Also carved out of the rock-face is a quite stunning yoga/wellness facility. This large room with inspiring views down the lake can easily accommodate 8 yoga practitioners side by side and also includes an area for gym equipment from Technogym. This includes the Kinesis cable weight training system, a rowing machine, an exercise bike, dumbbells, stretch bands and exercise balls. This room also benefits from an ensuite toilet, steam room and shower.
This villa is the perfect place for a small destination wedding or else a getaway with family and friends where the entire villa and the commanding views become your own.
- A total number 8 bedrooms with a maximum number of 14 guests (capacity for additional children on request).
- A total number of 11 bathrooms (10 in the villa, 1 in the pool house).
- Dyson air conditioning fans in all bedrooms (they can be easily shifted to the other rooms/ common areas when required) with Wifi throughout and private parking available.
- Villa Manager is available 6 days a week; 8 hours a day (9am-1 pm; 4-8 pm). This time schedule is flexible depending on the guest’s schedules.
- Housekeeping Staff is available 8 hours a day (8 am- 12 pm; 5-9 pm), 6 days a week. If guests wish to utilise the staff for extra hours or to have additional staff this will be at an extra charge.
- A chef & assistant are available 6 days a week; this includes the preparation of 2 meals per day (lunch and dinner): this condition will be applied for new upcoming bookings only. Food and beverage costs to be paid separately from guests. If the chef is required for one extra day (7 days a week) this will incur an extra cost and must be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Welcome drink and snack at arrival including: selection of Italian pizza and focaccia bites, local salami, crackers and cheese platters, fresh seasonal fruit, little traditional pastries; prosecco and non-alcoholic drinks.
- A mid-week bedroom and bathroom linen change will be provided. For any additional linen change required there will be an additional charge.
- All additional services can be arranged separately e.g. private driver, additional staff, personal trainer, massage, tennis coach, shopping assistant, tours etc. The additional services will need to be confirmed within 60 days of check-in.
- Check-in time is from 4 pm with check-out by 10 am. Should there be a late check-in, this will need to be confirmed prior to arrival; 2 sets of keys and 2 gate remotes will be handed to guests to have independent access to the villa.
Share on Social