An Elegant Renaissance Villa in the South of Florence Available for Private Bookings – Enquire Now
Dating back to the 15th Century, this private property is a truly remarkable and elegant renaissance villa located on the spectacular hills of Florence and just a stone’s throw from the city. The villa sits at the end of a cypress tree-lined driveway on the southern hills of Florence and immersed in the spectacular countryside that surrounds the famous city. It’s location, just a ten minute drive from the city, yet offering all of the benefits, comfort and beauty of a fine countryside residence, is one of its truly unique points. It is without doubt the closest villa to Florence in terms of villas of its stature.
The layout is typical of aristocratic renaissance villas. It is centred around a paved courtyard, surrounded by formal gardens and set in a productive agricultural landscape. The villa itself measures 1,000 square meters and sleeps up to fourteen guests in seven bedrooms.
The villa sits in an eleven hectare park surrounded by a quintessential Tuscan landscape of olive groves and rolling, picturesque hills. A lake lies beyond the olive grove which provides water to the wildlife and the property’s gardens. Given the size of the park, there are a number of appropriate landing sites for guests arriving by helicopter. Furthermore it is surrounded by two beautiful and peaceful gardens. On one side lies the Porcinai Garden which contains the swimming pool, named after the renowned landscape and garden designer Pietro Porcinai. On the other side of the villa lies the Cedar garden, named after the 300 year old Lebanon Cedar that forms the centre point of the garden.
The villa is fully staffed offering guests maximum comfort during their stay. Guests will be well served by the resident housekeeping couple, chef and concierge service that provides around the clock assistance.
A total of 7 double bedrooms each with their own ensuite and comfortably sleeping up to 14 guests with the ground floor adorned with frescoes throughout made up of the grand entrance hall, blue
living room, sitting room, a studio, a ballroom (which is one of the oldest rooms in the villa), the dining room with seating for up to 20 guests and one bedroom with ensuite.
The first floor includes 5 double bedrooms each with their own ensuite and a double bedroom which is equipped with a kitchenette and its own bathroom. The whole lower floor maintains its original Fifteenth Century appearance. The fully equipped kitchen is open, spacious, bright and features a traditional Tuscan fireplace and bread oven. Next to the kitchen lies the breakfast room.
This is the perfect destination wedding which can accommodate up to 110 guests in the ballroom and 200 guests in the outdoor garden. During the high-season the minimum stay is around a week but please get in touch should you be looking into a shorter stay. This is also a highly personalised stay where the villa can arrange unique experiences such as massages, helicopter tours, wine and food tastings cooking classes, horse riding, chauffeur – the possibilities are endless.
All staff have taken the highest precautionary steps to ensure the safety of its guests. All staff wear a masks and gloves at all times, socially distance where possible and conduct a deep clean between bookings.
High Season: April to November + Christmas & New Year
- In terms of bedrooms, the ground floor has 1 x double bedroom with ensuite whilst the first floor has 5 x double bedrooms each with ensuite 1 x double bedroom with its own private bathroom.
- A total of 7 bedrooms, fully air-conditioned, wifi throughout, private parking and swimming pool.
- A concierge service will be on call at all times to provide assistance to guests.
- Daily Housekeeping: 5 hours per day / 6 days a week.
- Check-in from 4 pm and check-out by 10 am. Late check in needs to be confirmed prior to arrival. Airport pick-up/drop-off available on request.
- Chef: One meal per day. Ingredients are paid by guest separately.
- Breakfast: Continental style breakfast prepared daily. Ingredients are paid by guest separately.
- Welcome Snacks: On arrival including: local salami and cured meats, crackers and cheese, fresh seasonal fruit, prosecco and fruit juices.
- All additional services can be arranged separately e.g. transfers, private driver, private chef, additional housekeeping, massage, tours etc.
Share on Social