Tuscany has something for everyone. With its historic towns, thermal spas, world class wines and fantastic weather, it’s the perfect destination with something to suit every holiday need. Here are a few reasons why…
- First class wine – Visit the nearby wineries of Montepulciano, Montalcino, San Gimignano and the Chianti region to sample their famous wines.
- Proximity to many must see Italian cities – The beautiful cities of Florence, Arezzo, Siena, Pisa, Lucca and Pistoia (the 2017 Italian Capital of Culture) all known for their magnificent fine art, medieval history and architecture.
- Foods – Tuscany is known for its fine local produce. Nearby Pienza boasts exquisite Pecorino cheese while premium Tuscan Olive Oil is produced from the many olive groves.
- Hospitality – Italians are warm and friendly people who want you to have the best experience in Italy. Everyone you meet in Tuscany will be happy to help, whatever you need!
- Stunning views – Tuscany is blessed with wonderful scenery which are best enjoyed over a long lunch – the perfect way to soak up outstanding panoramic views and magical landscapes.
- Hilltop towns – Tuscany boasts so many hidden gems including the stunning hilltop towns that are a must see, including Cortona, Pienza, Perugia, Montepulciano, Trequanda, Radicofani. Or an Etruscan town as Chiusi or Anghiari – famous for its battle painted by Leonardo da Vinci.
- Thermal spas – Tuscany has a collection of spa resorts which offer a range of treatments to relax, revive and rejuvenate including those at Rapolano, Chianciano, Montepulciano, Saturnia and Bagni San Filippo.
- Outdoor activities – from mountain biking to horse-riding and hot air ballooning to hiking there is so much to do for those seeking action.
- Great dining out – wonderful restaurants serving delicious Tuscan cuisine are in abundance – it’s impossible to eat badly! Why not try “Pici all’Aglione”, a delicious dish of hand rolled pasta and juicy tomatoes? Meat lovers must try the meltingly tender Chianina steak, full of flavour and best served rare.
- Learn a skill – improve your Italian, brush up your painting skills, or learn how to cook delicious Tuscan dishes from those who know best.
Where to stay?
If Tuscany is on your list this year, then why not choose Cignella? Perfectly situated to enjoy all that Tuscany has to offer and nestled in the hillside, the Cignella Estate enjoys incredible views across the Tuscan landscape. The spacious and airy villas and apartments have lovingly been renovated from their former use as a traditional Tuscan farm to offer modern and extremely comfortable accommodation. With quality appliances, ample lounge and dining areas plus an outside terrace there is plenty of space to relax, play and enjoy meals. Locally sourced paintings, furniture and soft furnishings keep the style authentically Tuscan and welcoming.
Time to simply relax is a part of any holiday. Cignella’s grounds include a private pool, with shallow area for children. Guests can even book an in-room treatment, such as a massage or pedicure.
Italians are proud of their reputation for outstanding hospitality and the staff at Cignella are no exception. As a small independent resort, they are happy to help you before you arrive and during your stay. Knowing the region well, staff can offer local advice and book activities and tours to ensure your stay is perfect in every way.
With so many reasons to visit Tuscany this summer, we’re already packing our bags!